Dr. Susan Block Gives “State of the Sexual Union” Address 2023 on WCAP-AM 980
Back by popular demand after her 2021 and 2022 “State of the Sexual Union” (SOTSU) addresses, world-renowned sexologist Dr. Susan Block, aka Dr. Suzy, returned to Active Radio with host Hartley Pleshaw on WCAP-AM 980 in the Massachusetts Valley on 2/25/23 to deliver a new SOTSU address for 2023.
“We had Joe Biden’s State of the Union last week. We had Vladimir Putin’s address. Well, those were just amateurs,” opined Hartley Pleshaw by way of introduction. “Today you’re going to get what we consider to be the most important state of the union – State of the Sexual Union, I should say – address of 2023, the one and only Dr. Susan Block… sexologist supreme.”
The two then discussed a variety of topics within the “meeting ground of sex, politics and culture which” Hartley says, “I believe [Dr. Susan Block] covers and handles better than anyone in the present contemporary scene.”
Just before the end, at the climax of the show, Dr. Suzy delivered the heart of her 2023 SOTSU address, her passionate “I Have a Fantasy” speech, inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King’s iconic 1963 “I Have a Dream” speech, updated for 2023.
Some of the subjects discussed include:
- War: Right after Dr. Suzy’s 2022 SOTSU address, Russia bombed Ukraine, and now America and most of Europe are at war with Russia, putting much of the world on a warpath which is the opposite of the Bonobo Way, the path of peace through pleasure. This warpath, mapped out for us by the war profiteers within the Miltary-Industrial Complex, dominates our budget, our hearts and minds and some of our bodies. During this year of war, Dr. Suzy responded with “Make Kink Not War” at her Yale Reunion, DomCon and on FDR, one of her key “fantasies” being to replace the Capitalocene, which values war for profit, with the Bonobocene, valuing female empowerment, male well-being, sharing resources, good sex and peace through pleasure. That’s one reason the theme of Dr. Suzy’s annual presentation at DomCon 2022 was Make Kink Not War: Be Bonobo.
- Censorship by Bot: The “Artificial Intelligence” (AI)—or as Dr. Suzy calls it, “Artificial Ignorance”—that terminated The Dr. Susan Block Show channel (and many other great shows and channels) on YouTube, and her remarkably effective “Block Curse” on YouTube CEO and Censor-in-Chief Susan Wojcicki who subsequently resigned. Nevertheless, despite the power of “Block Magic,” she says that Free Speech—in terms of noncorporate sex education and political expression—is still being unfairly censored in our more and more corporate, and less and less human (let alone humane) social media.
- Real Sex: Hartley dubs Dr. Suzy the “Official Sexologist of Active Radio” and commends her recent appearance in Vice TV’s Sex before the Internet episode 5, explores how HBO’s Real Sex revolutionized the portrayal of sex on television.
- DeSantis: Prompted by Hartley’s questions about the book-burning Florida Governor’s “Don’t Say Gay” programs, coupled with his 2024 U.S. Presidential ambitions, Dr. Suzy delves into the fascism-lite “phony cafone” populism and sadistic personality traits of her fellow Yale grad (Class of 2001, also a member in the infamous Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity, like G.W. Bush), Ron DeSantis and his personal record of torture and deception when he was a CIA lawyer stationed at Guantanamo prison as described in an interview conducted by Mike Prysner (the marvelous Abby Martin’s awesome husband) with one of his former prisoners.
- Trump: Hartley asks Dr. Suzy to address sexual conservatives’ support for Trump, a sexual libertine, to which she replies, “In a word, it’s hypocrisy,” then talks about how a libertine created a S. Supreme Court of the Religious Right to rule a citizenry that’s less religious than ever.
- Drag: When Hartley asks Dr. Suzy her views on the “Republican jihad about drag queens,” she discusses the history of ”drag” from prehistoric times to Shakespeare to now, and how closeted crossdressing, bisexual desires, erotophobia and shame mix with Rightwing politicians’ cynical and divisive approach to this “culture wedge” issue, creating a ridiculous yet very dangerous anti-Drag Queen/anti-trans crusade that has triggered mass shootings and other violence.
- “I Have a Fantasy”: Dr. Suzy delivers her latest rendition of “I Have a Fantasy,” inspired by MLK’s “I Have a Dream.”
Click the pic above to listen to Dr. Suzy’s 2023 State of the Sexual Union address and chat with Hartley Pleshaw on Active Radio WCAP 980-AM or listen on one of your favorite platforms.
Need to talk? Sext? Webcam? Do it here. Have you watched the show? No? Feel the sex. Don’t miss the Forbidden Photographs—Hot Stuff, look at them closely here. Join our private social media Society. Join us live in studio 😊. Go shopping. Gift shop or The Market Place. DrSusanBlock.tv, real sex TV at your toe tips. Sex Clips Anyone? FASHION, we have fashion! We also have politics. Politics? Have you Read the book? No? How about the Speakeasy Journal? Click here. Ok, how about some free sex advice?