7 Steps to Healing from Electoral Dysfunction + Trumpocalypse Prep & #NoProp60 Celebration in Bonoboville
Length 1:53:53 Date: November 12, 2016
by Dr. Susan Block
As Election 2016 finally heaves itself across the finish line, some celebrate while others mourn. Here in Bonoboville, we do both. We celebrate the glorious and just defeat of California Prop 60 which we worked our sexy butts off to beat, in an erotic rainbow of ways. And we mourn, oh yes, we mourn (most of us in black, sporting Brexit-inspired safety pins) for the seemingly moribund America of our sex-positive, multicultural, environmentally conscious, interracial, gender-equal dreams.
Fifteen years ago, most of the world was shocked and appalled by 9/11. Now we (some of us) stand, sit or lie down with the help of a strong sedative, shocked and appalled by 11/9, the day after We the People elected, to put it in crass (but, I think, apt) sexual terms, a big DICK with small penis syndrome. And by “dick,” I mean that this is a candidate who ran a campaign of open racism, sexism, fascism, climate change denial, miscellaneous lying, misogyny, bigotry and bullying. We may never know what he feels in his heart, but on the surface, all we could see were small hands and a big mouth giving hope to hate.
Sucker-Punched in the Electoral Gut
I want to say to my friends, fans, colleagues and clients that voted for Trump, I love you. I congratulate you on your winning ticket. I am trying to understand you in a Bonobo Way. I want to be a good loser, a good sport, though politics is not just a sport. And this loss was handed to us with a swift sucker-punch to the gut, since our much-venerated polls certainly didn’t predict President-Elect Trump.
Ironically, The Simpsons predicted President-Elect Trump, as did a few others, like Michael Moore. But we didn’t, though we worried about it, and did what we could to stop the Trumpocalypse, on this show, in Bonoboville and in the voting booth, just as we did what we could to stop Prop 60.
Well, we won our Prop 60 battle (woohoo!), but we lost the White House, as well as those other two Houses. So on this DrSuzy.Tv show, before blowing off steam orally and otherwise, we explore the week’s events, attempting to process the electoral process… which is really a case of Electoral Dysfunction because actually, Hillary won the popular vote. That is, with the full count almost complete, it appears that the majority of Americans voted for Clinton, not Trump. Yet Trump will be our President. This is because the Electoral College system essentially gives more votes to rural areas, and takes away votes from the larger, more dense metropolitan areas. This same thing happened on a smaller, less shocking scale when Bush took the presidency in 2000, even though Gore won the popular vote.
“Unfair!” as President-Elect Trump would say if it hadn’t tilted things in his favor. Actually, he did say that the “electoral college is a disaster for a democracy” back in 2012, but that was then, and now, here we are, stricken with Electoral Dysfunction, shivering on the precipice of the Trumpocalypse.
7 Steps to Electoral Healing
So, after we mourn, analyze, laugh, cry, party (I’ll give more details of our wild DrSuzy.Tv post-election party in a moment) and have some really hot sex (sex is often hot, healing and absolutely necessary in times of strife), we progressives really need to do something. Actually seven things, in my not-so-humble opinion, starting with…
- Abolish the Electoral College. It was created to support slavery in the 18th Century, and is as antiquated as nonconsensual whipping posts. We the People need to go with one person, one vote, like most democracies around the world. This way, the city people aren’t at the mercy of the country folks, as we are now. Ironically, as Trump Country’s Henry Grabar points out, “the ideology that most distinguishes the Democratic Party from Trump-brand Republicanism—support for immigrants and racial minorities—is one that would improve the fortunes of those who handed it such a rousing defeat.” Abolishing the Electoral College would ultimately be good for all of us, even though Republicans will fight this abolition like the South fought Lincoln. Therefore…
- We progressives must keep fighting – playfully and without killing anybody, in the Bonobo Way – for the liberal, peace-loving, sex-positive values in which we believe. For some, that means trying to work with the incoming administration and hoping that President Trump will not be as horrible as Candidate Trump, that the New York City liberal we hear is somewhere inside of him will come out, so to speak, now that he’s won. After all, Trump’s a narcissist, not an ideologue, and a big baby who’s hungry for love. Maybe we could somehow help the baby to “bind the wounds of division,” as he put it in his relatively mild victory speech, and guide him toward becoming more bonobo and less baboon. Maybe the softer, gentler President-Elect Trump of the 60 Minutes interview, already backing away from Candidate Trump’s divisive racist rhetoric and asking his supporters to stop the violence, is the President we will have. Maybe he’ll even end or reduce America’s out-of-control perma-wars, as he’s suggested. So, in the spirit of hope, optimism and support for a brand new administration, we are sending President-Elect Trump, his staff and family (which are pretty much the same) copies of The Bonobo Way, as a peace offering and primate primer. Even if it’s only read by Melania’s maid, it’s a start. However…
- We mustn’t be tooooo hopeful or naïve about the coming Trumpocalyse. President Trump may not be as bad as Candidate Trump. But at any sign of rolling back the progressive gains we’ve made, we shouldn’t hesitate to protest the radical, racist, sexist, reactionary campaign platform of this President who lost the popular vote. For instance, we should ask our progressive representatives to obstruct Trump/Pence’s promised Supreme Court picks to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia with even more conservative judges who would rule against women’s rights, LGBTQ people, immigrants and people of color. This is what the Republicans successfully did with Obama, and we should learn from the winners. We should not give up our rights without a fight. We must not allow hate, discrimination, misogyny and lying about the facts to be “normalized” (as John Oliver puts it) by the media “elites” that made Donald Trump, then tried (halfheartedly) to deny him the presidency and is now, since he won, attempting to suck up to him.We must stay vigilant in the #Resistance (Bill Mahr‘s term for us now). It’s a test of character! Nevertheless…
- We should maintain our sense of humor. Laughter is a mental orgasm. Humor heals the pain. Our parodies and puppet shows help us to keep our sanity in the mounting madness, because winner or not, President, King or Holy Aryan Emperor, Trump IS a dick with small penis syndrome that has pretty much fucked us all. And unlike that nonconsensual “pussy-grabbing” boast that progressives abhorred and the Trumpers didn’t mind a bit, in this election, Trump has fucked us consensually. We asked for it, we googled it, we watched it, we knew what it was, and enough of us voted for it (or, for various reasons, didn’t vote for Hillary), so now we’ve got Trump the Dick as our President. #NotMyPresident is not an option, unless we really do move to Canada. So we’d better learn how to handle this particular Dick, or it will fuck us again and again, in holes we didn’t even know we had. I must say I like having our Trump the Dick Puppet here in Bonoboville trussed up with gaffer’s tape, a dog collar fairly choking the big dickhead, his tiny penis captured in a cock-and-ball harness, his big mouth gagged with a banana. Humor is a tonic, though what makes one person laugh offends another, and candidate Trump’s relentless rhetoric of hate has many people afraid, and that’s not something to mock. Children are afraid. Grown people are afraid. I am afraid. Therefore…
- We ought to acknowledge our fear, but not let it blind or oppress us. This is much easier said than done, but it’s better than ignoring our entirely justifiable fears and assuming “everything will be okay.” Things might be okay, due to a series of miracles. President-Elect Trump’s milder behavior right after his win is promising or, at least, reassuring to Oprah. Then again, he’s barely had time to catch his breath (sniff!) and realize he won and doesn’t have to set up Trump Tv to keep his name in the news. The man’s a well-known wild card, but if Trump’s campaign is any indication of a Trump presidency, it will be very “not okay” for women, minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ people, people of color, people of religions other than Christian… and did I mention women? It is already getting more “not okay,” as various hate crimes and acts of harassment are being perpetrated by self-proclaimed Trump supporters against women, progressives and minorities in the name of their victorious leader. President-Elect Trump himself condemned these acts, but maybe, thanks to his rhetoric of hate on the campaign trail, that cat is out of the bag. Some progressives are not afraid, but most of them are white and male. The rest of us are afraid, and we shouldn’t pretend we’re not. However, let’s not wallow in fear and its crippling sister emotion, anxiety. Rather, let’s use our fears to motivate us to fight, if and when we have to. Fear is a great motivator, and it can be an aphrodisiac. Just think of the Trump regime as perpetual Halloween. Hey, it got us through the Bush years, sort of. Moreover…
- We need to try to better understand why we lost this time and what it takes to win. This might be toughest for us liberals and progressives, but I think we need to ask ourselves: Why are we such losers here? What does “loser” mean to us? Last week, a snarky writer who claims to be my fan-girl, called me a “loser,” even though I’ve “won” a pretty cool life, with my loving husband of 24 years and the exciting, creative community of Bonoboville surrounding us. But I did lose this election, along with my fellow progressives. Ironically, some of my sex therapy clients get sexually aroused by being name-called “loser,” in the right erotic context. It makes me wonder, do we progressives stimulate the toxic yet seductive pathos of loss by our famous disorganization, our pickiness coupled with our general inability to select the *right* (charismatic) candidate, or our nihilistic tendency to not vote at all? Do we eroticize our own victimhood, our political humiliations that so inspire our leftist op eds? Why don’t we build winning coalitions with female solidarity, like bonobos do? Why can’t we run popular leaders that voters actually like? Why do we always seem to break up into bickering urban and urbane factions like the long-lost liberals of Weimar Berlin? Whatever the reason, it’s a self-inflicted progressive “electoral dysfunction” that could kill us, and we need sex therapy! A LOT of sexy sex therapy. And I’m not just saying that because that’s what the Block Institute provides (though we’ve been getting quite a few guilt-ridden third-party candidate voters calling for therapy in the last few days). But we need to reflect on the reasons for our loss. Though let’s not drown ourselves in a puddle of self-humiliating guilt, another crippling liberal tendency. So…
- Let’s celebrate the few victories we achieved in this election. One of our mottos here in Bonoboville is “any excuse to celebrate is a good one,” even (or maybe especially) in times of anguish and fear. On that note, three cheers and a beer bong for our beautiful blue state of cosmopolitan California which just elected Kamala Harris to the Republican-dominated U.S. Senate, as well as Kate Brown, Oregon’s new openly LGBTQ Governor, Tammy Duckworth, U.S. Senator from Illinois, a Democrat and veteran (who lost both her legs in Bush’s stupid and tragic Iraq war), and Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, America’s first Latina senator. We’re sending them all congratulatory copies of The Bonobo Way, a Weapon of Mass Seduction in their bound-to-tough battle with Republican-controlled Washington.
More Stuff to Celebrate—Especially #NoProp60!
Speaking of bongs, California also passed Prop 64, “legalizing” recreational marijuana for all adults… sort of. There are some definite drawbacks to Prop 64 in terms of the quantity you can buy per day, growing cannabis outdoors and the purchase of edibles (which will still require a medical recommendation), but most voters were not generally educated in this regard. So we mix a bit of mourning with celebration of Cali’s vote of confidence in the value and relative harmlessness of the wonder weed.
As for the downfall of Prop 60, draconian brainchild of Michael Weinstein, AIDS Healthcare Foundation CEO and wannabe California Sex Czar, we celebrate that as the unequivocal, pretty damn near perfect victory for sex-positive freedom that it is, with joyous Agwa-infused Bonoboville Communions and blowjobs exploding into oral orgies in the bar and gardens, branching off into hot sex on couches and in beds throughout Bonoboville, including the Captain’s chambers.
Thank you Siouxsie Q James and Julia Ann of the Free Speech Coalition for coming on DrSuzy.Tv to spread the word and doing so much to make sure our limited sexual freedoms weren’t completely taken away by this oppressive and impractical proposition.
Morena Black & a Bonobo Bacchanal
Kudos to our guests and in-house bonobo sapiens, starting with our featured first-time guest Morena Black, a horny housewife from the red-state, rural “Christian” area of Florida that helped to put Trump in the White House. Morena preferred Hillary, but she didn’t vote (like so many progressives), and now her neighborhood, invigorated by Trump’s win, might be a little less hospitable to transgender people of color like her. But at the moment, we’re all hoping for the best, and Morena is riding high on her new and successful career as a porn star.
PHOTOS 1, 2 & 4: B NATURAL. PHOTO 3: ZANE BONO
Soft-spoken but proud to show off her stunning body, she doffs her top to play Altar Girl to a very thirsty Jacquie Blu and, in a spectacular XXX second Communion, she pulls off her pink panties (actually Jacquie pulls them off and Gypsy smells them) to reveal her uncut cock of over eight inches which Jacquie sucks like a delicious big banana pop while spanked with The Bonobo Way and whacked by Nurse Jay.
Speaking of bananas, our Trump puppet stays gagged with his, and looks quite at home in the whole bacchanal. Maybe that’s some sort of sign that he will defend LGBTQ rights like he held up that rainbow flag after all. Though he’d have to wrestle over that one with “gay conversion therapy” supporter Mike Pence.
Also on this show: Sarah Bella Bonobo, who helped spread the No Prop 60 word on a grassroots level, talks about winning, losing and her exciting new radio show. Gypsy Bonobo (now a therapist with the Block Institute!) enlightens us as to what we lost in winning the passage of Prop 64. Jay Toriko, dressed up as a nurse to heal us from our Electoral Dysfunction and sucker-punch wounds, bares his butt for Morena’s Communion. And that’s how Morena “gets lei’ed” on DrSuzy.Tv.
Stunning Shannon Coronado pours the Agwa di Bolivia Herbal Coca Leaf Liqueur in petal pink contrast to the basic black of the rest of us. In between Communions, Jacquie Blu talks about her fears of the Trumpocalypse as a trans woman. Jux Lii of Juxleather tells the story of meeting Trump, “a nice guy,” and then seeing him *accidentally-on-purpose* spill red wine on a journalist’s white dress while complaining about a mildly critical article she wrote about him.
PHOTO 1: JUX LII. PHOTO : ABE.
So, which Trump will our new President be? The almost reasonable-sounding “nice guy” of the 60 Minutes interview or the Trumpocalyptic race-baiting, misogynistic, lying big baby Dick with small penis syndrome of the campaign trail? Or an insidious, toxic mix of the two? Or worse? Regardless, with three full houses of reactionary Republicans at America’s helm, I’m following the 7 Steps to Healing Electoral Dysfunction.
Thanks to this week’s volunteers: Camera Operators – Jamal Berry, Conwell Stewart; Photographers – B. Natural, Jakari Turner, Sarah Bella, Jux Lii; and our in-house bonobos Abe Perez, Beverly Bonobo, Del Rey, Gypsy Bonobo, Harry Sapien, Jacquie Blu, MarsFX and Zane Bono.
© November 13, 2016. Susan Block, Ph.D., a.k.a. “Dr. Suzy,” is a world renowned LA sex therapist, author of The Bonobo Way: The Evolution of Peace through Pleasure and horny housewife, occasionally seen on HBO and other channels. For speaking engagements, call 310-568-0066.
Need to talk? Sext? Webcam? Do it here. Have you watched the show? No? Feel the sex. Don’t miss the Forbidden Photographs—Hot Stuff, look at them closely here. Join our private social media Society. Join us live in studio 😊. Go shopping. Gift shop or The Market Place. DrSusanBlock.tv, real sex TV at your toe tips. Sex Clips Anyone? FASHION, we have fashion! We also have politics. Politics? Have you Read the book? No? How about the Speakeasy Journal? Click here. Ok, how about some free sex advice?